Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Freedom

Stretching my leg out, over the seat, straddling my machine. Using my left leg I pushed the motorcycle up, balancing it between my legs. I place the key into the ignition, turning it on I press the start button. The vibration of the engine spreads adrenaline through my body. I adjust my gloves, placing my helmet on my head, placing my glasses over my eyes. The rumbling of the bike, like the sweet music that relaxes you at the end of the day. I lift my foot and engage the transmission, releasing the break, accelerating away. I feel a rush of energy through my body. Becoming one with the bike, the pure power, surging you through life. My senses absorbing the sights and sounds of leisure. The smell of fresh air as you ride through the country. Losing myself, allowing my mind to wander and dream while enjoying the beautiful sights of the ride. Not having a destination, carefree, wondering where the day will take me. No responsibilities, just me, my bike, and my soul.

2 comments:

  1. Very well written. I can feel what you write.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt like I was intruding into a very personal space after I had read your posts and your story. You have a lot of soul sir!

    ReplyDelete